If you have been following us along on Instagram or Snapchat (@footnotesnfinds) then you know that last month we headed to sunny California! We headed on a long drive down the pacific coast highway (we will have a blogpost on that soon). In getting ready for the road trip to California I made a long list of must takes, making sure not to overpack since it was going to be long Roadtrip with a big group of us going. I knew we would be spending some time on beaches and in the sun along with a day at disney land. Thus I laid out some basics:
- swimwear/ beach wear
- lots of sun protection! I am officially addicted to the smell of my Rocky Mountain Soap Co. Vanilla Coconut Natural Sunscreen - it is such a pleasant smell that I continue to use it everyday even after our road trip. We seem to forget about our lips when it comes to sun protection, but I brought along my Rocky mountain lip butter with spf
- Sun burn treatment: I am also prone to get burnt here and there so the after sun body butter from Rocky Mountain Co. was quite helpful. I was wishing I had it during my trip to Hawaii where I got burnt quite bad!
Do checkout all the other products that Rocky Mountain has to keep you safe and feeling fresh in the sun: Hydrating outdoor Citrus Mint Butter & Outdoor Spray
- Along with sun protection I also packed a pair of Crocs flip flops for the beach, I didn't want to ruin my Birkenstocks.
- my Birkenstocks - this is a must for me for almost every trip. Travelling usually requires lots of walking and Birkenstocks are perfect for that!
- a small mini backpack in which we can carry some basic necessities with me during daily excursions.
- a small first aid kit
- Also an empty water bottle that I can refill and carry with me to keep me hydrated.
- Lastly an Ipod with an awesome road trip playlist
*note: we are rocky mountain soap co. brand ambassadors and have received all of these products c/o rocky mountain soap co. we were not paid for this blog post and all opinions expressed are our own.