Friday Finds is a series that Footnotes and Finds runs every friday where we share interesting, informative and fun finds/links from around the web. Follow along!
1. These series of maps show how Americans speak english differently from state to state! It's crazy how different certain word pronunciations are. For example "see-rip" vs. "sir-rip" for syrup!
2. We all need one of THESE in our lives! (like ASAP!) - didn't know such a thing existed!
3. I think that its been very difficult, lately, to be able to see the individual in the singularly identified mass of refugees that has been created by the media and politics. It makes it hard for us to relate to these people leaving their homes in search for safety and a better life because we are somehow not perceiving them as individual humans with their own stories. This 6 hour long documentary titled HUMAN attempts to tackle this issue. Watch this 2 minute clip of Sally from from Syria talking about her heart-wrenching story about having to leave her home, friends and family.
4. List of blog related equipment we just discovered we need: this tripod, this microphone & these notebooks
5. If you've ever thought about travelling to India or have and want to go again, this list of "50 ways to fall in love with India" by Conde Nast traveller makes for great inspiration!
This week on footnotes and finds
2. Etsy Finds
From the Archives
Remember to follow along on our instagram,pinterest, twitter, facebook,and snapchat (@footnotesnfinds)
Note: footnotes and finds is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post contains affiliate links, meaning if you click and make a purchase we make a tiny profit.