I have a confession, alright i have couple of confessions. I prefer shortbread cookies over sugar cookies, and i'm not really into valentines day (to me it's just another day for corporations to take advantage of consumer's emotions and capitalize! - but that's a rant for another time!). Back to the cookies. I have always liked the softness of shortbread cookies. So come christmas time or even valentines I prefer to use this shortbread recipe over sugar cookies. But to be honest - okay another confession - I enjoy the decorating the cookies part more than consuming them! These heart shaped shortbread cookies are perfect if you are into valentines or even for any other day or a birthday!
Whipped Shortbread Cookies Recipe:
1 cup soft butter
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1. whip butter until light
2. add icing sugar and mix
3. mix cornstarch and flour together
4. add cornstarch and flour mixture slowly to butter and icing sugar and mix
5. refrigerate dough for 30 mins - hour. If dough is too hard, let it stand until soft enough to roll out
6. roll out and use cookie cutters for making cookies. Place cookies on cookie sheet and add sprinkles if you like!
7. bake at 375 degrees F for 10 mins. Cook until very lightly browned.
8. Ice the cookies
For the Icing on the cookies we used this recipe, it's the same one we used for the Chocolate Cake Recipe here on the blog.
Check out our other dessert recipes >> Tiramisu, Coffee Cake & Macarons