Friday Finds is a series that Footnotes and Finds runs every friday where we share interesting, informative and fun finds/links from around the web. Follow along!
1. I have been a fan of Bomba Estéreo for quite some time and they never fail to deliver musically. Their videos are also usually visually on point but with the release of their latest song "Soy Yo" they promote an anti-bullying sentiment proposing that we love ourselves no matter what. Check out the video yourself!
2. The people of Norway get a lot of things right and they've done it again with their so-called "Slow TV." This is television programming thats shows 7 hour train rides and 9 hour sweater knitting contests. The best part is that these telecasts are really popular...and here I thought Canada's Christmas burning log telecast was the best thing ever!
3. Check out these cute desk organizers here, here and here!
4. Rori, a cartoonist and freelance illustrator, has undertaken a "100 days, 100 women" project to highlight many important women who fail to be recognized in history books and pop-culture in hopes to inspire young women to find a woman they can look up to. On the list are women like Hypatia, Wilma Mankiller, Anita Bell and Benazir Bhutto.
5. If you are a fellow Trekkie then you will love the ability to swap out the generic Facebook reaction emojis for the Star Trek ones in celebration of Star Trek 50. You just need to do one simple thing!
This week on footnotes and finds
1. My travel wishlist
2. My September Playlist
From the Archives1. My favourite summer things
2. Where are all the curvy women?
3. DIY at home pedicure