Friday Finds is a series that Footnotes and Finds runs every friday where we share interesting, informative and fun finds/links from around the web. Follow along!
*A side note: So this is our first Friday Finds after the Election Results in the United States of America. As a person of colour and a woman let's just say I'm scared of what this world is coming to. I have drowned myself in podcasts, news articles, and social media trying to understand the results and the global political environment right now and the movement towards a very very very dangerous place and time in history. But I am glad that I am Canadian, but at the same time I am scared with the global trend right now towards nationalism and isolationism that this might be taken away from me as well.
- Twinkle Khanna, a bollywood actor, daughter of the first ever bollywood Star Rajash Khanna, is an outspoken feminist. And way I say outspoken, I mean she does not bite her words and in a really raw way convey things that I wish more people could do so in the same manner. Here are some awesome quotes by her about feminism!
- You know how there are lots of trendy, fashionable bags out there to carry your books and laptop? But they always seem impractical because they seem to be more about looks than practicality. For example, they always have a thin strap or just handles. I have always been a backpack person because of this. But I have now found a beautiful bag, fashionable, great size, made to carry your laptop and guess what? It has a thick strap! Check it out!
- This past week, we heard about the loss of Leonard Cohen, Canadian Singer, Songwriter and Poet. Leonard Cohen's lyrics are some of the most beautiful poetry I have read. He contributed so much to the art of songwriting and many didn't even know of this. For example, his song halleluah, is famous because of the most popular version of the song sung by Jeff Buckley. If you haven't listened to him, take the time to do so!
- Can't believe that it is almost time to put up christmas decorations! Time flies by so fast. Time remove the mini pumpkins and put these up on our mantle, p.s. Isn't this an awesome gift to give someone during the holidays?
- Check out this: A Map of How Canadians View Other Canadians